WineChateau.com offers answers to frequently asked questions about placing orders, shipping policies, return policies, and much more. Feel free to contact us at any time.
- Can you ship to my state or country?
- Currently, we cannot ship to Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia. We also do not ship Internationally. Please check our shipping info page on our website for more information.
- What will be my shipping cost?
- Simply place any number of bottles or cases in your shopping cart. Once you are on the
shopping cart page, you can input your zip code of your destination address to calculate
exact shipping rates. Rates will also clearly be displayed during your check-out process
before placing your final order.
- Can I waive the REQUIRED adult signature on my package?
- We know that sometimes it can be quite inconvenient to stay at home to sign for your
package but under strict state laws & regulations WineChateau.com & the Shipping Carrier are
REQUIRED to collect an adult signature at the time of delivery from an adult at the
actual shipping address. Sorry but your neighbour cannot sign for the package. There are
no exceptions. These measures are very important in making sure no minor is exposed to
the alcoholic contents of the package. If an adult is not available to sign for the package
at the shipping address, Shipping Carrier will make 3 attempts to deliver. After the 3 attempts, the
package will be returned back to our warehouse.
- Can I use DHL or UPS to ship my wine?
- Due to strict state laws & regulations for alcohol shipping, we only have a license with
our Shipping Carrier.
- Do you offer any free shipping items?
- Absolutely yes. We offer more than 100 products at free shipping and we urge you to
take advantage of the sale prices and free shipping on those items. You can view our
entire list by clicking the ‘Free Shipping Deals’ link on the top of our page.
- I have a Shipping Carrier account number, can I used that to place my order?
- Unfortunately we cannot use any third party account numbers.
- Do you ship to a business or a P.O. Box?
- Due to an adult signature being REQUIRED at the time of delivery, our Shipping Carrier will only
deliver to physical business and residential addresses only. Shipping Carrier will not deliver to any
PO/APO/FPO boxes. We recommend shipping to your business address (if applies) as
this will lower your shipping costs and time of delivery. Please refer to shipping info
page for more information.
- If I place an order today, how long will the order take to be delivered?
- In most cases, an order gets process within 1-2 business days. However, It can take 3-5
business days in some cases. Once the order is processed and shipped, please allow extra
Shipping Carrier transit times from New Jersey to your destination. Then there is transit
time from New Jersey to your destination. Refer to our shipping info page for more
- Can you re-route the package once it’s shipped?
- Yes. Shipping Carrier will only re-route packages once to another address within the same US state.
You must call 1.800.463.3339 directly as they will need to talk to the order holder.
- My package was broken by Shipping Carrier, what can I do now?
- No worries. Just contact us right away via email or phone and we will ship out another
package to your right away. If the same product is not available, we will either offer you
an alternative or refund you your full money back including shipping charges. We will
take care of the rest from there.
- My order was automatically sent back to you by the Shipping Carrier, why?
- Please call us to get a detailed explanation.
- Can you hold the shipment till a specific date?
- Yes, customer can input a shipping date in the Shipping Instructions link during the
check-out process. We can usually hold an order for up to 3 months.
- Can you guarantee the order by a specific date?
- Since we are using a third party shipping company, we cannot guarantee a
specific date for delivery. However, we will do our best to come close. In most cases we
hit our mark.
- Is it okay to ship wine in extreme heat or cold?
- Yes, absolutely. We do recommend picking Express Services for states past the
mid-west to avoid longer durations of heat or cold. Usually, wine needs to be exposed to
extreme heat or cold for more than 3 – 4 days for it to go bad. In any case if the product
does go bad for any reason during shipping, just contact us and we’ll make it right.
- What type of packaging you use to ship wine or spirits?
- We have taken a green initiative and understand that foam shippers are a thing of the
past. We use Shipping Carrier approved wine & spirit bottle shippers made out of 100% recyclable
cardboard material. They are safe and saves you on shipping costs.
- Will Shipping Carrier call me before delivering so that I am available to sign for it?
- Usually they do not call as they have their own route for delivery. However, you can call
1.800.463.3339 to request this.
Return Policy Questions
- What is the status of my order?
- It’s very easy to get a status of your order and it’s quick. You can simply click on
the ‘Track Order’ link at the top of our website. After logging into your account, you will
see all updated status of all your orders.
- Can I add items to my existing order?
- Yes, you can only add items if your order is in the ‘Pending’ stage. Please call us at 1-
800-946-3190 to edit your order.
- If I ship an order as a gift, will they receive an invoice in the box?
- We include all gift notes free of charge. Once the gift order is shipping the recipient will
receive an invoice without any prices listed. The invoice will only have the senders name,
address, and the gift note.
- How can I place a corporate order?
- If you have an order with 10 or less separate shipping addresses, then you can directly
place them online. If you have more than 10 separate orders, please contact us and we
will place a master order and ship them to all the separate addresses.
- Are all orders automatically insured?
- Yes, we insure all our orders at no extra cost to cover our customers. Who said piece of
mind costs a lot.
- Do you accept check, money order or international credit cards?
- For fast & secure transactions, we accept all major domestic & international credit cards
listed: Visa, Master Card, AMEX, Discover. We do have state of the art fraud detection
systems installed for added security for international credit cards.
- Will I get charged state tax on my order?
- If the order is shipping outside of New Jersey, then there is NO tax. If the order is
shipping within the state of New Jersey, then the order will be taxed 7% automatically
- I received the wrong vintage or item, what do I do now?
- Please contact us via email or phone right away and we will make sure to correct the
- Do I have to buy a full case or can I order any amount of bottles?
- You may purchase any number of bottles or cases. Your choice. However, we do
recommend to purchase a case of 12 bottles to take advantage of our low shipping
- My credit card keeps declining, what can be the problem?
- Three major points that could be causing this problem – 1) Please confirm your billing
address is correct. 2) The credit card company recently put a fraud detection security on
the card. In that case, please call your credit card company to lift the hold. 3) The credit
card has reached its credit limit. Please contact us if the problem still persists.
- What is the procedure for store pickup?
- If you picked a store pickup location of your choice for your order, you will receive an
email once your order is shipped to the designated store location. Please allow 24 hours
for your order to arrive at the store once it’s shipped from our warehouse. You must bring
a valid photo ID in order for you to pickup your order.
- I have a wine bottle from many years ago, does it have any value?
- We do not have any information regarding any rare vintages or wines that are not listed
on our website. You can do a search on one of the major search engines to get more info
on your product.
- How many glasses can you serve from one bottle of wine?
- You can serve roughly 4-5 glasses of red wine and 3-4 glasses of white wine. Red wine is
filled up 1/4 of the way and white wine is filled up half way.
Store Location Questions
- What is WineChateau.com’s return policy?
- Please refer to our ‘Return Policy’ link at the bottom of our website for more information.
- How can I return my product?
- Returns are simple. Just contact us and we will issue you a pre-paid return label
directly to your email address. Once the label is received, stick it on the same box as the
product was shipped in, tape the box completely and call Shipping Carrier at 1.800.463.3339 to arrange for a convenient date & time for pickup. Please make sure to package the
- What if I do not like the product?
- If you purchase an item from our Free Shipping Deals page and you don’t like it,
simply contact us and we will send you a pre-paid Shipping Carrier return label. Once the product
is returned back to us, you will receive a full refund withing 10 - 15 business days.
Unfortunately, returns are not accepted for all other items unless the wrong item was
shipped due to our error.