ColourPale goldNoseSalty notes with a balance of sweetness. Delicate, elegant and charmingPalateJuicy cut-grass freshness with a mouth-watering malty signature. Restrained sweetness caressed by soft oakFinishMedium length. Oak balancing sweeter characteristics with malty reprise
The Glencadam distillery was founded in 1825 located in a Steeply sided glen on what was the site of a previous illicit still. The first listed owner was David Scott 1827 until 1837.A progression of un-named owners followed.At some point in 1891 the distillery was sold to the Glaswegian Blenders Gilmour, Thompson & Co. Ltd who used the malt whisky produced in their Royal Blend a favourite of King Edward The VII.During 1954 the distillery was acquired by Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd, who consequently became part of Allied Domeq, They renovated the distillery in 1959.The distillery was mothballed by operators Allied Distillers due to over-production in 2000 and purchased by Angus Dundee plc three years later Although the distillery has had a high turnover in owners over the years, this seems to have indicated continued interest in working it. Certainly there were no lengthy periods during which Glencadam was out of production.The whisky produced is an important component of the blend Stewart’s ‘Cream of the barley’ and also Ballantine’s blends.