Tullibardine Distillery nestles at the foot of the Ochil Hills in Perthshire, where the Highlands of Scotland begin. These hills are renowned for the crystal purity of their spring water .The Distillery draws its water from the Danny Burn the same source which fed the first public brewery in Scotland and from where King James IV purchased beer to celebrate his coronation in 1488. Today Tullibardine (built on the site of the brewery) reigns supreme as a fine malt whisky of majestic qualities. It is considered “Eminently quaffable”.
The distillery was opened in 1949 on the site of a former brewery. It was designed by the architect of the Jura and Glenallachie distilleries, William Delme-EvansInver Gordon acquired the distillery in 1971 and they carried out a rebuild in 1974 with another pair if stills added to the original pair.The distillery passed to Whtye & Mackay in 1993, two years later in 1995 it were mothballed. Eight years later in June 2003, it was purchased by a business consortium and is now the thriving heart of a retail complex and tourist attraction. In the December of 2003, Tullibardine distillery once again fired up the boiler and spirit flowed from the stills for the first time in nearly nine years. Throughout the re-commissioning process, care was taken to maintain as many of the traditional methods of production as possible and utilize the skills of the distillery manager and operators in producing the Tullibardine spirit