left
right

Chateau Lafite Rothschild Pauillac 1978

Bottle Size: 1.50l Item #: 1375852
Bottle Quantity:
SAVE $778.00!
List Price: $2398.97
Our Price: $1,620.97
Loyalty Rewards: $32.42

Chateau Lafite Rothschild Pauillac 1978 1.50l

Chateau Lafite Rothschild Pauillac

Dark ruby color, ripe black currants, almonds, violets and vanilla, spicy, oaky scents. The wine has great finesse and a particular softness imparted by the Merlot. It tends to be firm yet delicate and supple, great elegance develops with age.

70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot. Average age of the vines is 44 years. Replanting of these vines takes place in lots. 222 acres producing 22,000-30,000 cases.

The vineyard was at one time owned by Alexandre de Segur, proprietor of Chateaux Latour and Calon Segur. Lafite became public property in 1794, after the owner (the President of the Parliament of Guyenne) had been guillotined in the Revolution. After changing hands a few more times, the Rothschild family acquired the property when it was put up for auction in 1868 and remain the owners today.

Availability

1 bottle
will ship between December 7 and December 8
Chateau Lafite Rothschild Chateau Lafite Rothschild Pauillac 1978
BOTTLE SIZE: 1.50l
Dark ruby color, ripe black currants, almonds, violets and vanilla, spicy, oaky scents. The wine has great finesse and a particular softness imparted by the Merlot. It tends to be firm yet delicate and supple, great elegance develops with age.
 

Notes on the Chateau Lafite Rothschild Pauillac 1.50L 1978

Wine Maker Notes 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot. Average age of the vines is 44 years. Replanting of these vines takes place in lots. 222 acres producing 22,000-30,000 cases.

Technical Notes The vineyard was at one time owned by Alexandre de Segur, proprietor of Chateaux Latour and Calon Segur. Lafite became public property in 1794, after the owner (the President of the Parliament of Guyenne) had been guillotined in the Revolution. After changing hands a few more times, the Rothschild family acquired the property when it was put up for auction in 1868 and remain the owners today.