Tullamore Dew is a blended Irish whiskey. It was originally a pot still whiskey, first distilled in 1829 in the town of Tullamore, County Offaly, Ireland. William Grant & Sons (the owner) has recently announced its investment in a new distillery in Tullamore town, bringing whisky production back to the town for the first time since the original distillery closed in 1954. The name derives from the initials of an early manager of the concern, Mr. Daniel E. Williams: D.E.W. Formerly owned and marketed by Irish company, C&C Group, the label was sold to the Scottish Company William Grant & Sons in 2010.