left
right

Exopto Horizonte de Exopto 2007

Bottle Size: 750ml Item #: 1576295
This item is not currently available for purchase.

Exopto Horizonte de Exopto 2007 750ml

Exopto Horizonte de Exopto

Nose of tobacco, violets,black cherry, and black raspberry. The wine has excellent volume, concentration and balance.

Horizonte Tinto is the first wine that we made in 2003... Its base is Tempranillo, La Rioja’s principal grape variety, but made in a different style, highlighting our clear intention to create wines which are more modern, intense, highly-coloured and with just the right amount of oak - to be perfectly frank, we have to admit that at the beginning there was only going to be one red wine: Exopto... but after our first vintage, we thought we could do it better or at least differently - hence the name ‘horizonte’ (horizon)... suggesting that EXOPTO might appear - but that’s another story...

After the grapes are hand-picked, 70% of the bunches are destemmed and the other 30% are lightlycrushed. Macerated and fermented in stainless steel followed by a 20 day post-fermentation maceration.Aged 10-12 months in French (80%) and American (20%) neutral oak barrels.

Meat dishes - roasts, stews - more typical of Mediterranean-style cooking, served with tomato and pepper sauce, or dishes cooked with traditional herbs and spices.

doug dodds
1/25/12 11:33 AM JOINED 1/25/12
how can one import wines from Cinque Terre,Northern italy ?

Availability

This product is not currently available for purchase.
Exopto Horizonte de Exopto 2007
BOTTLE SIZE: 750ml
 

Notes on the Exopto Horizonte de Exopto 750ML 2007

Tasting Notes Nose of tobacco, violets,black cherry, and black raspberry. The wine has excellent volume, concentration and balance.

Wine Maker Notes Horizonte Tinto is the first wine that we made in 2003... Its base is Tempranillo, La Rioja’s principal grape variety, but made in a different style, highlighting our clear intention to create wines which are more modern, intense, highly-coloured and with just the right amount of oak - to be perfectly frank, we have to admit that at the beginning there was only going to be one red wine: Exopto... but after our first vintage, we thought we could do it better or at least differently - hence the name ‘horizonte’ (horizon)... suggesting that EXOPTO might appear - but that’s another story...

Technical Notes After the grapes are hand-picked, 70% of the bunches are destemmed and the other 30% are lightlycrushed. Macerated and fermented in stainless steel followed by a 20 day post-fermentation maceration.Aged 10-12 months in French (80%) and American (20%) neutral oak barrels.

Food Pairing Meat dishes - roasts, stews - more typical of Mediterranean-style cooking, served with tomato and pepper sauce, or dishes cooked with traditional herbs and spices.