In 1990, the vineyard is optimally planted with the rows running north/south to allow for maximum sun exposure. Thirty eight acres were planted in Pinot Noir, the oldest vines being of Pommard and Wadensvill at a spacing of 1280 vines per acre. In 1992, new clones became available and Dijon Clones 114, 115 and 777 were planted on divigorating rootstock including 3309, 101-14 and Riparia Gloire at 1555 vines per acre. Vertically trellised, these vines are meticulously maintained to produce an average yield of approximately two tons per acre.
In 1993, sourcing some of the best clones from the Alsace region of France, the vineyard was planted in twelve (12) acres of Pinot Gris and five (5) acres of Pinot Blanc in the upper blocks of the vineyard. The clones were grafted onto phylloxera-resistant rootstocks 3309 and 101-14 and trained into an upright, double guyot-trellising system. These plants have now established a great balance, carrying a consistent crop of two and one-half to three tons per acre.