left
right

Gerard Bertrand Cigalus Blanc 2010

Bottle Size: 750ml Item #: 1761451
This item is not currently available for purchase.

Gerard Bertrand Cigalus Blanc 2010 750ml

Gerard Bertrand Cigalus Blanc

Domaine de Cigalus enjoys a hot, sunny Mediterranean climate (described as “semi-arid with temperate spring variants”) ensuring early ripening of all the grape varieties. This arid climate (low rainfall) is offset by the very deep soils (sediments deposited by the Aussou, a stream at the edge of the estate) which store the winter rains for longer but which are less fertile due to the presence of a slightly chalky sandstone in the subsoil, dating back to the Campanian (secondary era, prior to the emergence of the Pyrenees).

A brilliant, clear golden yellow colour.Intense, complex bouquet of ripe citrus fruit (grapefruit), peach, honey and dried fruit, along with a toasted note.Full and silky on the palate, mature and ample with notes of vanilla, toast, butter and tropical fruit. Great length.

The vineyard is managed according to the biodynamic system where the energy of the soil lies at the heart of the process. All the work in the vineyard – ploughing and pruning – and in the cellars is driven by a calendar based on two celestial objects: the moon and the sun.The vines are thus in equilibrium with the soil and are therefore able to give full expression of our terroir in the resultant wines. Great care and attention are lavished on the vineyard in order to achieve a healthy harvest with moderate yields (25 hl/ha) and hence get the very best out of the grapes.The harvesting date is triggered grape variety by grape variety, and only when the grapes have reached optimum ripeness and after they have been rigorously tasted.The hand-picked grapes are pneumatically pressed as soon as they get to the winery.After light static settling, some of the juice undergoes alcoholic fermentation in new barrels (70%), while the rest is vinified in stainless steel vats (30%).Malolactic fermentation is then performed.Temperature control is used to conserve all the freshness and integrity of the aromas.Maturing in barrels lasts 7 to 8 months – until the spring equinox – with regular stirring.After a light fining operation the wine is bottled.

Availability

This product is not currently available for purchase.
Gerard Bertrand Gerard Bertrand Cigalus Blanc 2010
BOTTLE SIZE: 750ml
Domaine de Cigalus enjoys a hot, sunny Mediterranean climate (described as “semi-arid with temperate spring variants”) ensuring early ripening of all the grape varieties. This arid climate (low rainfall) is offset by the very deep soils (sediments deposited by the Aussou, a stream at the edge of the estate) which store the winter rains for longer but which are less fertile due to the presence of a slightly chalky sandstone in the subsoil, dating back to the Campanian (secondary era, prior to the emergence of the Pyrenees).
 

Notes on the Gerard Bertrand Cigalus Blanc 750ML 2010

Tasting Notes A brilliant, clear golden yellow colour.Intense, complex bouquet of ripe citrus fruit (grapefruit), peach, honey and dried fruit, along with a toasted note.Full and silky on the palate, mature and ample with notes of vanilla, toast, butter and tropical fruit. Great length.

Wine Maker Notes The vineyard is managed according to the biodynamic system where the energy of the soil lies at the heart of the process. All the work in the vineyard – ploughing and pruning – and in the cellars is driven by a calendar based on two celestial objects: the moon and the sun.The vines are thus in equilibrium with the soil and are therefore able to give full expression of our terroir in the resultant wines. Great care and attention are lavished on the vineyard in order to achieve a healthy harvest with moderate yields (25 hl/ha) and hence get the very best out of the grapes.The harvesting date is triggered grape variety by grape variety, and only when the grapes have reached optimum ripeness and after they have been rigorously tasted.The hand-picked grapes are pneumatically pressed as soon as they get to the winery.After light static settling, some of the juice undergoes alcoholic fermentation in new barrels (70%), while the rest is vinified in stainless steel vats (30%).Malolactic fermentation is then performed.Temperature control is used to conserve all the freshness and integrity of the aromas.Maturing in barrels lasts 7 to 8 months – until the spring equinox – with regular stirring.After a light fining operation the wine is bottled.