left
right

Need More Bottles? Pick from hundreds of Free Shipping Items!
Mix & Match a Case of 12 - It Ships FREE!
This item qualifies for Mix & Match FREE SHIPPING

La Celia Pioneer Chardonnay Reserva 2011

Bottle Size: 750ml Item #: 90456
This item is not currently available for purchase.

La Celia Pioneer Chardonnay Reserva 2011 750ml

La Celia Pioneer Chardonnay Reserva

An exquisite wine with bright golden hues and intense aroma of pineapple, peach, and vanilla, with a subtle oak tone. The vineyards are supplied entirely by meltwater from the Tunuyán River. The water, perfectly suitable for irrigation, is received in a 50-million litre (13.21 gal:1) reservoir located in the northwest corner of the vineyard. From there, it is distributed to the 400-hectare (988 acres) cultivated fields. 70% of irrigation is carried out through a pressurized drip irrigation system and the remaining 30% through the traditional system of furrow irrigation.

Overseeing 500-hectares (1,236 acres) of vineyards, the winery is located at the foot of the Andes, a place of unsurpassed beauty. The land is over 1,000 meters (3,280 ft) above sea level, at latitude 33º 45' south and longitude 69º west. It is an area with alluvial soils, sandy loam to sandy texture, slightly alkaline with good organic matter content, and perfect drainage. Some rocks can be found from 0.80 to 1.00 metre (2.6 to 3.3 ft) depth.

The climate of this semiarid region varies from temperate to warm-temperate and its great temperature range (thermal amplitude of 16 ºC (60.8 ºF)) is a key feature that helps to obtain high quality grapes, as well as tannins and aromas in wines. Another remarkable feature of this region is its annual heliophany (average number of sunshine hours), very important element for full berry ripening (aromas, sugars, polyphenols, etc).

Plantations were designed to produce high quality grapes, using for this purpose, different plantation densities, different pruning systems, and other cultural works according to each variety. The planted vines from selected clones are of French origin, and in the case of Malbec, selected plants from historic vineyards which used to belong to the former estate were used.

looking for a mild tasting white chardonnay wine. what can you recommend to me?

Availability

This product is not currently available for purchase.
La Celia Pioneer La Celia Pioneer Chardonnay Reserva 2011
BOTTLE SIZE: 750ml
An exquisite wine with bright golden hues and intense aroma of pineapple, peach, and vanilla, with a subtle oak tone. The vineyards are supplied entirely by meltwater from the Tunuyán River. The water, perfectly suitable for irrigation, is received in a 50-million litre (13.21 gal:1) reservoir located in the northwest corner of the vineyard. From there, it is distributed to the 400-hectare (988 acres) cultivated fields. 70% of irrigation is carried out through a pressurized drip irrigation system and the remaining 30% through the traditional system of furrow irrigation.
Ordering Other Bottles?
Mix & Match!
Your CASE OF 12,
IT SHIPS FREE!*
This item qualifies
for Mix & Match
FREE SHIPPING!
* Mix & Match: Pick from
hundreds of Free Shipping Items!
 

Notes on the La Celia Pioneer Chardonnay Reserva 750ML 2011

Technical Notes Overseeing 500-hectares (1,236 acres) of vineyards, the winery is located at the foot of the Andes, a place of unsurpassed beauty. The land is over 1,000 meters (3,280 ft) above sea level, at latitude 33º 45' south and longitude 69º west. It is an area with alluvial soils, sandy loam to sandy texture, slightly alkaline with good organic matter content, and perfect drainage. Some rocks can be found from 0.80 to 1.00 metre (2.6 to 3.3 ft) depth.

The climate of this semiarid region varies from temperate to warm-temperate and its great temperature range (thermal amplitude of 16 ºC (60.8 ºF)) is a key feature that helps to obtain high quality grapes, as well as tannins and aromas in wines. Another remarkable feature of this region is its annual heliophany (average number of sunshine hours), very important element for full berry ripening (aromas, sugars, polyphenols, etc).

Plantations were designed to produce high quality grapes, using for this purpose, different plantation densities, different pruning systems, and other cultural works according to each variety. The planted vines from selected clones are of French origin, and in the case of Malbec, selected plants from historic vineyards which used to belong to the former estate were used.