A merger with Dailuaine was the birth of the Dailuaine-Talisker Distilleries Ltd. After the death of Thomas MacKenzie who was the distillery manager, a major part of the assets of were taken over by John Dewar & Sons, W.P. Lowrie & Co (member of the James Buchanan & Co group) and John Walker and sons. This group of blenders became later the D.C.L. (Distillers Company Ltd.) in 1925.The distillery used to practice the triple distillation until 1928.The distillery was closed during the second world war, and after a fire who destroyed the stills room in 1960. The distillery was rebuild and ready for production as soon as 1962.Since the last alteration works in 1997, a great part of the malt is stocked in warehouses on the continent, and brought there by tanker-lorry from the distillery.Talisker is one of the single malts of the collection "Classic Malts" launched in 1988 by UDV.A great deal is marketed as single malt, but Talisker is a part of the Johnnie Walker and White Horse blends too.