Straw yellow in color, with a fascinating and complex bouquet of ripe exotic fruit, melted butter, vanilla and pastries. These are confirmed on the palate where their aromatic promises are kept and enhanced by rich, long finish.
A rich and creamy white, balanced by vibrant, finely knit acidity, with toasted brioche, honey and lime blossom notes, layered with glazed nectarine and kumquat accents. Long and minerally on the finish, with lingering touches of smoke and spice.
Wine maker notes
90% Chardonnay. The remaining 10% is a trade secret guarded by Silvio and his winemaking team. The vines are grown on marly/arenaceous soil, and guyot-trained with up to 3,200 vines per acre. This world wide cult wine is a barrique-fermented Chardonnay aged for approximately 11 months in small French oak barrels (300 L).