Arriving in Concord in June 1946, the Foundresses adapted a home on Bridge Street to serve as a Monastery. The community was happy there, but as vocations multiplied, a later, more permanent building was seen as desirable. With the encouragement of Bishop Brady and the support of many Concord friends, a new property was found and ground broken for the present Monastery in September 1950.Carmel Winery is the historic winery of Israel. It was founded in 1882 by Baron Edmond de Rothschild, owner of Château Lafite in Bordeaux. Carmel owns the two largest wineries in Israel, at Rishon Le Zion, south of Tel Aviv and at Zichron Ya'acov, south of Haifa. Each has deep underground cellars built by Rothschild in the 19th century.
Carmel Winery has 3,472 acres of vineyards, which cover the land of Israel from the Upper Galilee in the north, to the Negev in the south. Carmel's winemakers can therefore choose from vineyards with different terroirs from all the wine regions in Israel. Carmel has a particularly strong vineyard presence in the cooler climate of the Upper Galilee, from where many of the leading wines are sourced.