Faithful representative of the varietal, loaded with black fruits and floral aromas complemented by tobacco and vanilla notes.
Smoky, with bell pepper and berry flavors, and a soft finish, with a tobacco note. A good introduction to the grape, and a fine value. Pair with rich, red meat dishes.
Wine maker notes
30% of the grapes undergo a cold pre-fermentation maceration, while the remaining 70% are partially crushed and fermented between 73-78°F with selected yeasts. 20% of the wine is then aged in American or French oak barrels for 6 months. The rest is kept in stainless steel vats until blending and bottling.
A perfect match with lamb, chicken and hearty stews..